It should come as no suprise that many nonprofit organizations are stuck in a vicious cycle that threatens their ability to raise the resources they need to suceed. One of the primary issues is that nonprofits lack the basic fundraising systems and inadequate fund development among key board and staff leaders. The Children's Services Council of Broward County has partnered with NonProfit Plus to offer you a unique fundraising opportunity called the Fundraising School. This six-part training intensive is a rare opportunity to work with an industry expert. If you are willing to do the work, the results will far exceed the nominal price of admission.
Fundraising School focuses on the mindset and skillset to help “Chief Everything Officers” become passionate and effective ambassadors for their cause, instead of frustrated, burned-out, unsupported leaders whose organizations are financially vulnerable. The six-step training program will help nonprofit leaders raise money to fund and sustain their programs. It consists of six two-hour instructional sessions. Participants will have the opportunity to join a private Facebook group for on-going technical assistance in between sessions and peer learning during the program. All sessions will be recorded and participants will have access to the recordings.
The program will include a baseline-assessment to measure current fundraising capacity and conclude with a fundraising plan to guide fundraising activities going forward and track progress. Prior to the first session participants will be asked to complete a survey to identify specific opportunities for growth. Each session will contain a homework assignment to prepare participants for the next session.
As part of the course, each nonprofit leader will be asked to develop a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign to raise $10,000. They will be provided with the resources, tools, and coaching to assist them in achieving the goal.
Training sessions topics:
- Session One: Create a Plan to Manage Fundraising for your Nonprofit
- Session Two: Learn Infrastructure Required for Success
- Session Three: Inspire People to Give
- Session Four: Generate Predictable Revenue to Sustain Your Programs
- Session Five: Get the Support You Need from Board & Staff
- Session Six: Raise 10k Now
By the end of Fundraising School, each participant will:
- Create a fundraising plan for their organization.
- Understand the infrastructure required to raise money online and build relationships with individual donors.
- Develop a polished case for support to inspire donors to give.
- Know how to identify monthly giving prospects and design a program to increase recurring gifts from individuals.
- Design a fundraising project that can be easily executed, with the help of board and staff, to raise $10,000 from individual donors to fund their organization.
Fundraising School is designed for executive/development directors and board members. Due to the heavy time requirements to fundraise successfully, it is not recommended for nonprofits led by executive directors employed outside the organization. Participants will need to invest 5 hours between sessions to complete assignments.
All Fundraising School sessions will be facilitated by Rachel Ramjattan, CFRE. Rachel is a national fundraiser and master trainer with 20+ years of experience managing nonprofit technology, fundraising, development, and communications for nonprofits of many missions, budgets, and staffing structures. An expert coach, she is accustomed to juggling the many roles of a “Chief Everything Officer” to raise money, not expenses. Rachel has worked with nonprofits nationwide to raise more than $20M dollars from individual donors. She is a sought-after speaker presenting workshops at conferences and on behalf of funders throughout the United States.