It should come as no suprise that many nonprofit organizations are stuck in a vicious cycle that threatens their ability to raise the resources they need to suceed. One of the primary issues is that nonprofits lack the basic fundraising systems and inadequate fund development among key board and staff leaders. The Children's Services Council of Broward County has partnered with NonProfit Plus to offer you a unique fundraising opportunity called the Fundraising School. This six-part training intensive is a rare opportunity to work with an industry expert. If you are willing to do the work, the results will far exceed the nominal price of admission.
The Fundraising School is back! Every nonprofit organization needs to have a strong fundraiser in order to avoid financial vulnerability. Join industry expert Rachel Ramjattan as she shares her passion and knowledge to help you grow as a fundraiser. The six-step training program will help nonprofit leaders raise money to fund and sustain their programs. It consists of a one-hour orientation, six four-hour instructional sessions which include technical assistance during each session and a final derief/graduation class. Participants will have the opportunity to join a private Facebook group for on-going technical assistance in between sessions and peer learning during the program.
The program will include a baseline-assessment to measure current fundraising capacity and conclude with a fundraising plan to guide fundraising activities going forward and track progress. Prior to the first session participants will be asked to complete a survey to identify specific opportunities for growth. Each session will contain a homework assignment to prepare participants for the next session.
The Fundraising School Program offers the following:
• Orientation Session: program overview, requirements, and Q&A
• A baseline assessment of fundraising capacity prior to the first session.
• 6 Learning Sessions – 4 hours each
- Learning Sessions include webinars, exercises, discussions, and assignments Assignments include fundraising plan, infrastructure plan, case for support, monthly giving program design, board engagement exercise,
- 10k fundraising project design.
- Hands-on technical assistance to implement the best practices taught in the learning sessions.
• Facebook group for peer learning and technical assistance
• One copy of No More Duct Tape Fundraising per participant
• Case studies of before/after appeal letters, newsletters and impact stories to demonstrate the difference between organization focused versus donor centric communications.
• Pre- and post-assessments to measure participants’ baselines and progress.
As part of the course, each nonprofit leader will be asked to design a fundraising campaign to raise $10,000. They will be provided with the resources, tools, and coaching to assist them in achieving the goal.
By the end of Fundraising School, each participant will:
- Create a fundraising plan for their organization.
- Understand the infrastructure required to raise money online and build relationships with individual donors.
- Develop a polished case for support to inspire donors to give.
- Know how to identify monthly giving prospects and design a program to increase recurring gifts from individuals.
- Design a fundraising project that can be easily executed, with the help of board and staff, to raise $10,000 from individual donors to fund their organization.
All sessions will be held from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. online. A Zoom link will be shared.
April 29, 2021 - Orientation
May 20, 2021
May 27, 2021
June 3, 2021
June 10, 2021
June 17, 2021
June 24, 2021
August 5, 2021 - Debrief and Graduation
September 10, 2020
This training is now full. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list, email Roxanne Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising School is designed for executive/development directors and board members. Due to the heavy time requirements to fundraise successfully, it is not recommended for nonprofits led by executive directors employed outside the organization. Participants will need to invest 5 hours between sessions to complete assignments.
All Fundraising School sessions will be facilitated by Rachel Ramjattan, CFRE. Rachel is a national fundraiser and master trainer with 20+ years of experience managing nonprofit technology, fundraising, development, and communications for nonprofits of many missions, budgets, and staffing structures. An expert coach, she is accustomed to juggling the many roles of a “Chief Everything Officer” to raise money, not expenses. Rachel has worked with nonprofits nationwide to raise more than $20M dollars from individual donors. She is a sought-after speaker presenting workshops at conferences and on behalf of funders throughout the United States.